Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steve Switzer <ss...@myra.com> on 2002/02/15 00:57:47 UTC

OutOfMemoryError and xsp file size

I'm getting the following error when I execute my
xsp:

500 Servlet Exception
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
<<no stack trace available>>

I'm using Resin 2.0.5 and Cocoon 2.0

A former co-worker told me, at one time, that my problem
was that my xsp file was too big.  By reducing it's size I used
to be able to get past the out of memory error -- the error was
always intermittent, depending on the data being picked up by
the sql in the xsp.  Well now the error is back, and the users
actually want to start using this xsp!! (They didn't care before.)

The former co-worker at the time suggested that the real solution
was not to keep reducing the size of the xsp file, but that it was
an architectural issue.

Any comments or solutions?

Thanks, Steve Switzer.

Re: OutOfMemoryError and xsp file size

Posted by Steve Switzer <ss...@myra.com>.
I forgot to include the size of the XSP!!

It's around 43k, around 1400 lines.

I'll look into the heap sizes.

Posted by Peter Schwenke <pe...@bluetoad.com.au>.