Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net> on 2014/04/01 14:42:02 UTC

what triggers restart indicators?

I’m running a recent version of Ambari. The dashboard is showing restart icons on a number
of services, even though everything seems to be running correctly. What causes these to appear?

Re: what triggers restart indicators?

Posted by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net>.
Not likely. Its a new cluster that hasn’t been touched since I brought it up a few days ago. I’m the only user at this point.

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
If config is changed and saved then it gets saved as a newer version. When
Ambari detects a mismatch in the config versions between "desired at the
cluster/host level" and "what is reported by the agent" it flags it as
restart required.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: what triggers restart indicators?