Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Sean Bigdatafun <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/02 03:44:27 UTC

Alternative HBase filesystems

Granted, HDFS is the default HBase FS (and I also understand KFS, which is
another GFS-like FS)

Here is my question: is GFS-like FS a best mate for HBase? GFS-like FS is
good for streaming type operations, and definitely it's a good fit to
MapRdduce. But for the access pattern of HBase, I am wondering if the HBase
community considered alternative. If it has been considered, what are they?
If it's not been considered, why not?

--
--Sean

Re: Alternative HBase filesystems