Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ratnakar Parakala <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/01 11:40:21 UTC

Re: CheckBoxes in tag

Hi,

Why don't you use <html:multibox> for the same.... We are using it for similar functionality.

Ratnakar

From: "Shabada, Gnaneshwer"
> You are right. But like I did in my previous snippet, if I setup my
> deleteAction mapping to deleteForm in my config file I would think the
> searchResults.jsp should by default take deleteForm as its ActionForm and
> recognize memberList in the iterate tag. I don't know why that didn't
work.

If it had any chance of working, it would be because you enclosed the
iterate within tags. That's how , ,
etc., work, they look to the enclosing form tag to get the form bean
(informatin about which comes from struts-config.xml)

But I don't think was ever intended to work that way to
begin with, so you have to explicitly tell it where your Collection is. I
haven't used it in years, possibly ever... I use exclusively.

> Is there any type of setting in config file that I put deleteForm as
default
> Form for searchresults.jsp. I know I have it mapped for the deleteAction.

You can set it up, but it's the tag that makes it work.

--
Wendy Smoak