Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu> on 2008/01/18 16:40:52 UTC

Parent POM template: 2004 ?

The documentation for the <inceptionYear> tag in http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd says:

    The year of the project's inception, specified with 4 digits.
    This value is used when generating copyright notices as well
    as being informational.

CHANGES.txt indicates that Lucene's first open source release (v0.01) was in 2000.

Shouldn't this be changed to <inceptionYear>2000</inceptionYear> ?

Steve

Re: Parent POM template: 2004 ?

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.
Michael Busch wrote:

> Right. Hmm, I don't see any releases older than 1.4.3 (2004) in the
> Apache release archives.
>
> Lucene was renamed from Jakarta Lucene to Apache Lucene and became a top
> level project in 2005.
>
> Anyway, I'm fine with changing it to 2000. Any objections?

OK I changed inceptionYear to 2000 in trunk & 2.3 branch.

-Michael

Re: Parent POM template: 2004 ?

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.

RE: Parent POM template: 2004 ?