Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2002/07/19 05:53:25 UTC

xhtml2fo.xsl just stripping tags, not generating fo markup?

Sorry.  Yes.  I am a newbie of sorts.

My problem is that I have a valid xhtml file and I am doing a
transformation of this xhtml file with the xhtml2fo.xsl that I got (many
thanks to the folks at http://www.antennahouse.com !)

The transformation happens without a generating any errors.  However the
resultant file (the result of the transformation) is now stripped any html
tags AND does not have any of the expected fo markup tags.  There is no
markup whatsoever in the file.  In fact, because there is no markup, it is
an invalid xml file.

I am using xalan 2.3.1 to do the transformation.

Any tips or pointers?

Phillip

Re: xhtml2fo.xsl just stripping tags, not generating fo markup?

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Phillip Rhodes wrote:

> My problem is that I have a valid xhtml file and I am doing a
> transformation of this xhtml file with the xhtml2fo.xsl that I got (many
> thanks to the folks at http://www.antennahouse.com !)
>
> The transformation happens without a generating any errors.  However the
> resultant file (the result of the transformation) is now stripped any
> html tags AND does not have any of the expected fo markup tags.  There
> is no markup whatsoever in the file.  In fact, because there is no
> markup, it is an invalid xml file.

Looks like xhtml namespace URI in source file doesn't match namespace
URI in xhtml2fo.xsl stylesheet and xslt's built-in templates are in charge.

PS. Actually the problem has nothing to do with fop, you could get more
comprehensive answers in xsl-list at
http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list.

--
Oleg Tkachenko