Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com> on 2009/08/25 02:43:52 UTC

Re: Hadoop streaming: How is data distributed from mappers to reducers?

Yes. It works just like Java-based MapReduce in that regard.
- Aaron

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hadoop will make sure that every <k,v> pair with same key will land up in same reducer and consumed in a single reduce instance.

Does that mean that, if the same key is emitted more than once from a
mapper, it is not necessary that the key value pairs (for that same key)
will go to the same reducer?

-Nipun

Posted by Nipun Saggar <ni...@gmail.com>.