Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Ri...@lotus.com on 2001/03/17 00:12:09 UTC

Node Interface for use in a Source by a Transformer

Hi all,

A couple of months ago the following questions were posted by someone else
and I was interested in knowing if any new
insight/information/sources are available on this topic. Thanks in advance!

 Is there some defined subset of the Node interface that I can implement if
I only want it to be used in a DOMSource by a Transformer?
 Is it sufficient to implement only the Node interface for the root and all
descendants or are any subinterfaces of Node expected?

The concern is that in a proposed application there is too much data to
export the entire database as XML. The proposed
 solution is  to use a DOMSource as input and generate Node objects on
demand.

Rich