Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Lothar Krenzien <lk...@web.de> on 2005/11/09 17:06:09 UTC

passing the name of a property file as parameter

Hi,

I have an Ant script which should use a property file.  But I want to pass the name of the file as an argument from a script. I've red the FAQ but can't get it working :(

Here's an example of what I want to do:
--windows.bat
ant deploy -Dproperty.file=properties.win

--linux.bat
ant deploy -Dproperty.file=properties.linux

--build.xml
   	<echo>properties:${property.file}</echo>

displays nothing for me. I even tried to define the property first:
 	<property name="property.file" value="" />

So what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks, Lothar

Re: passing the name of a property file as parameter

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
<property file="${properties.file}"/>

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)