Posted to discuss@apachecon.com by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2002/11/12 21:50:54 UTC

list of apachecon attendees up

the 'who's attending' page on the web site has been updated;
it now shows everyone who has given permission to have its
name listed.  it's sorted by affiliation, so you can look for
other people from your organisation.  of course, this also
illustrates the many different ways people can spell the same
company name.. <grin/>

the list is at: http://ApacheCon.Com/html/attendees.html

Re: wireless access

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 01:30:32PM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > It'll be setup by then no problem.
>
> Heh.  It's already setup.  =)
> Well, at least the one I'm using right now...  -- justin

;)  Sooooo.... seeing as I missed my flight by about 5 minutes (gee
thanks, UVA football traffic =-P )... I guess I'll just leave mine at home
then.  I should be arriving in Vegas at around 10 in the morning if all
goes well... see you guys then.

--Cliff

Re: wireless access

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.

Re: wireless access

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 01:07:17PM -0500, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> Yeah, mine's only less than 1/2 the size of my notebook, so it would be no
> problem to just bring it anyway.  I'll do so.

I'm here now on wireless writing this email. :)

-aaron

Re: wireless access

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Re: wireless access

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.

Re: wireless access

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Re: wireless access

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Sally Khudairi wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Apple will be providing all Internet connectivity at
> the conference, and the folks at FreeNetworks will be
> doing all the wireless work. This means that you will
> have access to free wireless connectivity in the main
> conference areas for the duration of the con.

Will this also be available for the hackathon? I suppose it's a little
late to ask this ...

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
... and another brother out of his mind, and another brother out at New

Re: wireless access

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hey everyone,

Apple will be providing all Internet connectivity at
the conference, and the folks at FreeNetworks will be
doing all the wireless work. This means that you will
have access to free wireless connectivity in the main
conference areas for the duration of the con.

Hotel rooms are your usual RJ11 into a phone line
unless you rig up something on your own.

See you next week,
Sally

--- Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com> wrote:
> Rich Bowen wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> >

> >>By any chance will there be any wireless internet
> access at the apachecon?
> >

> > Usually, folks bring gateways, and there's an
> informal wireless network
> > that covers most of the conference. I'll bring my
> gateway, and I expect
> > several others will as well.
> >

> I have a couple 802.11 cards, and my laptop can act
> as a software AP
> using the hostap driver, with or without radio links
> against other APs.
>
> On a different note, freenetworks.org is listed as
> wireless provider in
> the ApacheCON web site, which means that a more or
> less formal
> infrastructure will be there.
>
> I am a member of madridwireless.net and will be glad
> to help with the
> setup of the network :-)

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> discuss-help@ApacheCon.Com

=====
:::::::::::::::::::::::
Sally Khudairi
sk@zotgroup.com
+1.415.672.9045

http://webhosting.yahoo.com

Re: wireless access

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.

Re: wireless access

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> There will actually be a formal one this time.

Oh, good. Then I can leave mine home. Anything less to put in the
suitcase is a good thing. :-)

Re: wireless access

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.ca>.

Re: wireless access

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: wireless access

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.ca>.
Yes

wireless access

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Re: list of apachecon attendees up

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
I'm coming too... but I'm waiting till the last minute to register.... ;-)