Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeff Schiller <co...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/25 18:12:27 UTC

Batik Applet deployment

I noticed that Batik has two different downloads, one for JRE 1.3 and
one for JRE 1.4+

If I want to deploy some SVG content and ensure that browsers that do
not have native SVG (or Adobe ASV installed) use the Batik applet, can
I assume these days that "everyone" has JRE 1.4+?

If not (i.e. there are still a large number of JRE 1.3s probably out
there), then what is the proper way to detect the installed JRE
version using JavaScript?

If this question isn't appropriate for Batik, can anyone suggest a
good Sun forum for this?

Thanks,.
Jeff Schiller
http://blog.codedread.com/