Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sandp <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/17 17:26:14 UTC

Camel-Restlet 2.14.0 Client Address from Request

Hi,
I'm trying to log the client address from a request. I set the
useForwardedForHeader option to true on the RestletComponent.

I see that the CamelRestletRequest carries a HttpExchangeCall object that
contains the clientAddress, but that's always null.

CamelRestletResponse carries a HttpExchangeCall object that contains the
serverAddress, but that's always null too.

Appreciate help on this.

Re: Camel-Restlet 2.14.0 Client Address from Request

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I just checked the code of camel-restlet, the CamelRestletRequest and CamelRestletResponse are passed from Restlet. Camel can do nothing about it.
My suggestion is you can try write a simple restlet application to see if you can get the clientAddress with the setting of useForwardedForHeader there.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com