Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2007/08/09 01:47:39 UTC

Re: [mojo-dev] Confluence Maven Plugin

On Aug 8, 2007, at 1:45 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Hiya, just a quick note...
>
> I've started to whip up a simple plugin to interact with an
> Atlassian Confluence server from Maven 2.  I've merged in my
> HokeyPokey cli tool and put it all up in the mojo-sandbox here:
>
>     https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/
> confluence-maven-plugin
>
> I've also published the site here:
>
>     http://mojo.codehaus.org/confluence-maven-plugin/index.html
>
> Though it needs a lot more help, but you can at least see the goal
> configuration.
>
> Right now it has very basic support to:
>
>  * Add pages
>  * Remove pages
>  * Get pages
>  * Add spaces
>  * Remove spaces
>
> Will be adding more bits soon, like a nice export-space which can
> apply a Velocity template to pages, kinda like AutoExport, except
> that you can check in all of the templates and resources into svn.
> And probably doing to add some muck to allow src/site/wiki/**/
> *.wiki files to automatically publish to a Confluence server too as
> part of the mvn site bits.

Why not just incorporate the swizzle-confluence library instead or
redoing the xml-rpc part in groovy?  It has the entire confluence xml-
rpc api already to go:

    http://swizzle.codehaus.org/swizzle-confluence/org/codehaus/
swizzle/confluence/Confluence.html

-David

Re: [mojo-dev] Confluence Maven Plugin

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Aighty, well I'll have a looksy and see what I can do ;-)

--jason

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Mostly because Groovy's dynamic invocation makes it relatively simply
to support any API calls.  And also I had already implemented it for
HokeyPokey to help Hernan man months ago.

But also because the Groovy code is relatively small and IMO easy to
understand:

     https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/confluence-
maven-plugin/src/main/groovy/org/codehaus/mojo/confluence/Client.groovy

Right now I don't see why I'd want to pull in Swizzle for what my
Client object already does... but eh, right now I'm more interested
in making the plugin jump through hoops.... so once the circus is
over I may change my mind... I dunno :-P

--jason