Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by dan neo <ne...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2008/06/27 06:52:05 UTC

Clients failover in HA mode

Hi,
Currently i implemented a HA system with two servers and each client is
connected to one server.

when one server die, and the producer and consumer client connecting to it
failover to the other live server. During this period, there is constant
large stream of messages being send.

i tag each message with a Number ID. i notice that some message is lost.. To
my understanding, the connection is TCP/IP.

i did a script to make the client fallback quickly to server after it went
back online again. the old "lost" messages then are send to the client. i
believe the network bridge is not yet established when i fall back the
client.

but not all the messages are accounted..

Can anyone shed some light on this two matter. =)

cheers
dan

Re: Clients failover in HA mode

Posted by Dave Stanley <ds...@gmail.com>.
This might be too simple an explanation but maybe check you have a
persistence adapter configured on both your brokers and also that your
sending persistent messages e.g.

message.setJMSDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT);
HTH
/Dave