Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Eggerman, Steve" <SE...@teradata-ncr.com> on 2003/03/20 17:49:02 UTC

Java Server Faces inclusion?

Does anyone know if there are any plans to include JSF into Turbine? Or
maybe I should ask does anyone
know of any reason we couldn't use JSF with Turbine.

Steve Eggerman
NCR Corp
(858)485-2328

RE: Java Server Faces inclusion?

Posted by Age Mooy <am...@home.nl>.
> Just another set of tag libs but the spec is, IMO, a big fat
> mess. I'm part of EG for Java Server Faces as I just wanted
> to make sure that non-jsp views would work but I gave up
> pretty early on. Same with the Portlet API EG, I handed that
> one off to David Taylor. There's no reason why JSF or the
> portlet API can't be used in conjunction with Turbine though
> the question is why would you want to? :-)

I agree... IMHO the JSF spec lookes like a very badly designed version
of the Turbine-3/Summit pipeline stuff that I've been looking forward to
using.
I hope you will start your PR offensive for Summit soon. It might be fun
to compare it to JSF, like Jon's famous Velocity vs JSP article :)

Age

Re: Java Server Faces inclusion?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 11:49, Eggerman, Steve wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any plans to include JSF into Turbine? Or
> maybe I should ask does anyone
> know of any reason we couldn't use JSF with Turbine.

Just another set of tag libs but the spec is, IMO, a big fat mess. I'm
part of EG for Java Server Faces as I just wanted to make sure that
non-jsp views would work but I gave up pretty early on. Same with the
Portlet API EG, I handed that one off to David Taylor. There's no reason
why JSF or the portlet API can't be used in conjunction with Turbine
though the question is why would you want to? :-)

> Steve Eggerman
> NCR Corp
> (858)485-2328

jvz.