Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Sam <ta...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/02 00:59:57 UTC

How to access the message thrown by "RedirectException" in 4.0

Hi,

I have a custom form validator, to compare the username and password. In that,
if for some reason database connectivity is down, I do a Redirect Exception to
another page, as follows:

throw new RedirectException(e.getMessage()
    			    ,"app?page=Dberror&service=page");

You could see that I am passing the error message ( retrieved from SQLException)
in the RedirectException. Is there a way thatI could retrieve this message in
"Dberror.html" page. I dont want to use the @Inject annotation to inject the
Dberror page and set a page property. Other than that is there a way to retrieve
the eror message in the redirected page.

Thanks a ton for the help, and I a newbie to tapestry and Java itself.

~sam