Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com> on 2001/08/01 04:21:58 UTC

[DOC] 2 more submissions

These are in the XML format that Craig's adopted, using the specified subset
of tags.  I've also attached the rendered versions to this email w/a
modified extension (to get past the HTML filters) so I can hopefully get
some feedback! ;)  They're both in ok shape, enough is there for some
constructive criticism, but they aren't nearly ready for prime time.

(1) introduction.xml - The type of information that we repeated in a lot of
3.x docs.  Things like where to look for help, what certain terms, files,
and folders are (Context being the only example I could come up with for
terms =)

(2) reverse-lookup.xml - Reverse-links to the various parts of the
documentation.  Kind of empty since there's not much documentation to link
to ;)  I'm not sure if there's a need for this kind of thing, or maybe there
is but in a different form.  I figure it would be a centralized place to
answer questions about files and directories w/out having to hunt and peck.

Feedback anyone?  Am I headed in the right direction what what's written,
etc.  Thx =)

Oh yeah, while writing the reverse lookup doc, I uncovered a Scooby typo in
/bin/jspc.bat:

rem jspc.bat - Script ro run the Jasper "offline JSP compiler"

hahah =)

- r