Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Patrick Munis <pm...@wwre.org> on 2001/12/12 18:05:37 UTC

Jetspeed + Tomcat-Jboss (in the same vm) setup

Has anyone installed Jetpspeed with Tomcat-Jboss or Jetty-Jboss in the
same vm.? If yes, could share your installation steps.

thanks
Patrick

Status of 1.3a2 release

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@arcfan.demon.co.uk>.
Hi folks,

I am returning to Jetspeed after around six months away and happily I
discover there is a "release":
"1.3a2"   Or is this still a release candidate?

I am trying to install it on a Win98 box with 128Mb (just don't ask - I'll
put it on a proper OS soon).

I have most of it working but the BadURLManagerDemon is throwing a NPE on
startup. Is it doing so
for everyone else too or is it just me? (I'll post the stack trace if
anyone is interested).

Also I am confused as to whether the local.ocs feed is used anywhere. Is it?

I can add JetspeedContent in the admin menus but whenever I try adding the
jetspeedcontent portlet
it is reported as "unavailable" and does not appear.

I have some RSS portlets working and some not - but there seems to be no
rhyme or reason to it.
I can't see any errors in the jetspeed log.... Any hints? I don't *think*
it is a bad url....

Oversights:
Some items in the admin menus assume that it is installed in a directory
called "jetspeed".

Thanks again people for some fine software.

Alex

Re: Jetspeed + Tomcat-Jboss (in the same vm) setup

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Partrick

Just, put the jetspeed.war in deploy directory, and trala..run..

Frans