Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org> on 2003/05/31 16:16:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Non-Errors being logged?

Greetings:

OK, admittedly I've been playing with creating various custom Apache2
installations; yesterday I started seeing these types of lines appear
in error_log:

[Sat May 31 09:50:18 2003] [error] Optional hook test said: GET
/style.css HTTP/1.1
[Sat May 31 09:50:18 2003] [error] Optional function test said: GET
/style.css HTTP/1.1

These are not errors (the file(s) all exist and are served with an
access_log entry of either 200 or 304 - which are both normal and
expected.)

Question is -
Why are these things being logged as errors?

Here is some Server Info (running on Solaris 9 Ultrasparc):

Server Version: Apache/2.0.46 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_09 Perl/v5.8.0
PHP/4.3.2 DAV/2
Server Built: May 30 2003 08:20:23
API Version: 20020903:3
Hostname/port: 192.168.1.69:80
Timeouts: connection: 300    keep-alive: 300
MPM Name: ThreadPool
MPM Information: Max Daemons: 2 Threaded: yes Forked: yes

I almost feel like a lot of my httpd.conf file isn't being "read"
properly now...

Thanks in advanced for any insight;

???/Sx :)

http://InSecurity.org/