Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by DAVID SMITH <da...@btinternet.com> on 2015/12/11 23:04:38 UTC

XML Questions

Hi

I have two questions which I think may require bespoke processors.

1)  I have extracted a set of  values from xml tags and made them into flowfile attributes, how a can I add these flowfile attributes to one or more flowfiles?

2)  I have multiple xml files which I need to merge into one xml file, can I do this with the current processor set?

Thanks
Dave

Re: XML Questions

Posted by DAVID SMITH <da...@btinternet.com>.
Joe

Thanks for the reply, that is pretty much what I thought about the flowfile attributes. I&#39;ll have to have a think about that one to see if I can work out a way around it.
With the merging, we will get multiple xml files which will be related by an attribute, I want to combine  them into one xml file which I can validate before sending it on.
I will have a look at the merge content to combine the xml files into one flowfile and then use an xslt transformer to get rid of unwanted bits and put the whole lot into a xml format that I can validate.

Dave

Re: XML Questions

Posted by Joe Percivall <jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hello David,

Both of your questions are pretty broad and without more details I can't give specific answers but I'll try my best.

1) Are you asking to essentially transfer attributes from one flowfile to another? If that's the case, that's not currently supported.

2) Depending on the specifics of what you need, the MergeContent processor[1] may work.

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.MergeContent/index.html

If this doesn't help just let me know!
Joe
Joseph Percivall