Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ron Andersen <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/14 15:37:28 UTC

Dynamic Authenticator

Does anyone know of a good authentictor plugin for Tomcat. I reviewed the sample(XML based) authentcator from Tomcat, but this authenicator is only used at startup. I need onw that will able to add and delete users on the fly - not just at start up.

Re: Dynamic Authenticator

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
> Does anyone know of a good authentictor plugin for Tomcat.
> I reviewed the sample(XML based) authentcator from Tomcat,
> but this authenicator is only used at startup. I need onw that
> will able to add and delete users on the fly - not just at start up.

I think LDAP realm does that.

Nix.

Re: Dynamic Authenticator

Posted by Lawence <al...@yahoo.com>.
The authenticator itself is fixed. But the user & role tables can be modified on the fly.

Ron Andersen <ra...@yahoo.com> wrote:Does anyone know of a good authentictor plugin for Tomcat. I reviewed the sample(XML based) authentcator from Tomcat, but this authenicator is only used at startup. I need onw that will able to add and delete users on the fly - not just at start up.