Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "Vespa, Anthony J" <aj...@cbs.com> on 2007/09/20 23:32:54 UTC

CXF Hello World Not working

Hello,

So we've been trying just to get the trivial example of helloworld going
for CXF so we can evaluate it.  Instead, we are getting this error in
the catalina log:

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance
of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
bean with name 'helloWorld': Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException: Could not
resolve a binding for http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
Caused by: org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException:
Could not resolve a binding for http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/

What does this mean?  I've followed the example down to the letter.

http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/writing-a-service-with-spring.html

We are using tomcat 6.0 and Java 1.5.0 on red hat (but it does not work
with java 1.6 either)

We're using CXF 2.0.2 and even the nightly snapshot has the same issue
so I assume it may be a configure problem with tomcat.

Has anyone seen this before?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Tony