Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Martin Giljohann <mm...@gmx.net> on 2006/06/24 19:37:02 UTC

Position in filter chain

I'm doing some url rewriting at the moment and I wonder where to place the UrlRewriteFilter into the filter chain. I have seen that the generated web.xml has a comment for that filter at the first position of the chain - so is this the position where it shoudl be placed?

The comment for the following CharEncodingFilter in the chain says that "Any filters preceding this one MUST not cause request parsing". I am not 100% sure if url rewriting means request parsing, although it sounds pretty much like that. So in that case it might be a better idea for me to place the UrlRewriteFilter between CharEncodingFilter and SchemeEnforcementFilter?

Many thanks
Martin