Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dennis Kieselhorst <ma...@dekies.de> on 2011/08/16 09:47:30 UTC

connection aborted error (730053) during checkout with 1.7.0-beta-3

Hi,

I tried to checkout a subversion repository with the latest beta today.
While there are no problems using 1.6, the checkout with 1.7 always
fails with a connection aborted error after a number of files:
"svn: E730053: Error retrieving REPORT (730053): Eine bestehende
Verbindung wurde softwaregesteuert  durch den Hostcomputer abgebrochen."

The protocol is https.

client: pre-release binary 1.7.0-beta3-win32 from CollabNet (I'm using
Windows XP Pro SP3, 32-Bit)
server: 1.6.16

A similar issue was reported here:
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2803578

Regards
Dennis

AW: connection aborted error (730053) during checkout with 1.7.0-beta-3

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <ma...@dekies.de>.
Hi Stefan!

>> I tried to checkout a subversion repository with the latest beta
>> today. While there are no problems using 1.6, the checkout with 1.7
>> always fails with a connection aborted error after a number of
>> files:
>> "svn: E730053: Error retrieving REPORT (730053): Eine bestehende
>> Verbindung wurde softwaregesteuert  durch den Hostcomputer
>> abgebrochen."

>> The protocol is https.

> Does setting 'http-library=neon' at the very end of the file
> ~/.subversion/servers fix the problem?

Thanks, the setting fixed it. After digging further into it I assume that
the serf library is causing the connection abort problems. I advised our
administrators to have a look at the hints given in the relating section of
the release notes:
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7.html#serf

Regards
Dennis

Re: connection aborted error (730053) during checkout with 1.7.0-beta-3

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.