Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by meeraj kunnumpurath <me...@lycos.com> on 2006/05/01 16:44:43 UTC

Location of sca.module

Hi,

Could someone please shed some light on the expected behaviour when more than one sca.module file is found within the scope of the thread context classloader? The spec requires a packaged module JAR file to have exactly one sca.module file at the root. Would this require each module JAR to be loaded by its own classloader. Also, how would this work if the deployemnt unit is a folder in the file-system?

Thanks in advance
Meeraj

Re: Location of sca.module

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
There should be one module file per deployment unit. To get the
intended behavior I believe you want (i.e. a module definition
composed of a number of fragments), use sca.fragment files and places
them in the classpath as they will be merged during load. On a file
system, the directories would just need to be on the classpath.

That said, the SCA deployment story needs a lot of work (some of
which is currently underway). Having only one "top-level" sca.module
file per deployment unit is a good thing since the URI is defined
there. I'm not too keen on the classpath merge with multiple
fragments and we've discussed a plan to move to more of an "include"
style (i.e. sca.module can include a bunch of fragments or fragments
can "include themselves" into a module).

Let me know if you run into issues with the existing approach or have
ideas on making things better.

Jim