Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/03 23:49:59 UTC

Wanted: New title for the Tapestry book

Want a free PDF copy of the upcoming Tapestry 5 book? Win a copy by
providing a proposal for the new title. For more details read:

http://blog.tapestry5.de/index.php/2011/10/04/wanted-new-title-for-the-tapestry-book/

Looking forward to read your ideas.

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de

Building large projects, based around the same framework

Posted by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@karlmenn.is>.
Good morning everyone.

I'd like to seek a little advice from the community.

I've just spent a couple of days using Tapestry, and as a longtime WebObjects-user I'm feeling right at home with the Tapestry+Cayenne combination.
I recently started working at a web development shop where most of the websites are run on an inhouse developed CMS which is very nice on the client side, but starting to show its age on the backend (J2EE/JSP). Tapestry looks like a great potential way for our future.

Anyone care to give a quick comment on how to design a Tapestry-based structure for this use case?

* About ~500 websites running in our CMS, each site a single web application.
* In addition to the CMS, generic extensions that can be added (Shopping, Event scheduling etc).
* Most sites include some custom components and logic.

All in all, a pretty typical setup for a CMS/Web Development shop.

So… Should I just declare the tapestry application package in the parent project (the CMS itself) and then create components/pages/additional services in that same package in my application project? Or do I have a better way of modualrizing the systems? Should I do something like this (http://tapestry.apache.org/component-libraries.html) for all the applications and extensions?

Sorry if this is a FAQ—I'm still plowing through the documentation and mailing list archives to gain some familiarity with the framework.

Cheers,
- hugi

Re: Wanted: New title for the Tapestry book

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Love it, Hugo. That's the best title by far.
>
> Bob Harner
> On Dec 5, 2011 3:32 PM, "Hugi Thordarson" <hu...@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
>> +1 for the unicorns.
>>
>> "Tapestry 5: Farting rainbows"
>>
>> - hugi

I must admit it taken me a google-and to understand it...

Cheers
--
Massimo

Re: Wanted: New title for the Tapestry book

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@karlmenn.is>.
+1 for the unicorns.

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.