Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/07 19:36:08 UTC

Suggestions on hadoop using virtualization on local hardware but can't use Hypervisor

Hi
   I have been struggling a long time with how to set up a hadoop test
environment with 6 to 10 nodes.  I have some concerns about using S3/EC2 but
have not ruled it out.

Another direction is that I have set up a higher end box with the intent of
using virtualization.  The box is a core i7 2600-K with an MSI Motherboard.
p67a-gd65 b3.  This one apparently does *not *support either Citrix
XenServer or Vmware hypervisor's.  (rats!!)

That puts me back at the 'drawing board'. But i already have this really
fast box just sitting there..

Any suggestions for other ways to employ this machine to get the job done?

thanks

stephen