Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de> on 2021/01/06 07:17:34 UTC

RE: My last advance notice regarding Big Sur (was: What we should do now)

Hello,

Yes, all right

> It is a release which has
> fixes including the one for the BigSur issue. We are
> following the same process we did for 4.1.8 which was
> released less than two months ago. That release took about a
> month to work through all issues in the RCs.

> This community effort to do a release shortly after the prior
> is an impressive accomplishment for the project. Consider
> that we have released about a year or two apart the last
> several years.

I think that eliminating one's own mistakes is a matter of course that does not need many words.

> The proposed language for the blog post exists on the cwiki.
> Have you looked at it?

Of course I took a look at it, because I was thrilled by Peter's quick response to my inquiry.

> I think that there is consensus to publish the blog post by Monday.

That would have been nice, but again nothing happened. Or am I overlooking the publication of the blog post?

In any case, there is already a new request from an affected user in our forum?
How long do we want to leave our users without information?

> After that it will be time to start preparing 4.1.9 release notes.
>
> Have you informed your users about Jim’s test build? Testing
> sooner allows releasing sooner.

I didn't do that after Peter accused me of writing "toxic mail" and I had to fear that any unauthorized publication of information would be interpreted negatively.

I will make up for it immediately, trusting that this will not be interpreted negagtiv.

gretings,
Jörg