Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <dh...@csir.co.za> on 2005/05/09 13:20:33 UTC

"Too many open files" error

I am running a single Cocoon app on the server, and
am the only one testing it... despite this, I get a:

cause: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/webapps/cocoon/myapp/myfile.xml (Too
many open files)

error when I try and load CForm-based page.

The server is Linux-based, but on my test machine
(Windows) I did not notice this problem.

Any ideas what the cause could be or, more to
the point, how to prevent this kind of problem?
(eg. if I have 20 users who are going to be opening
files, this implies the app will come to a standstill
in the first few seconds!)

Thanks
Derek