Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by sbedoll <be...@us.ibm.com> on 2008/01/03 10:58:29 UTC

Re: MyFaces Trinidad JavaScript API

Thanks, but I have read the dev-guide and there is no reference to the
javascript that I saw. So I am assuming that it is a closed interface that
is not meant to be exploited on the browser.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hello,

i think you already know the following page:
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/ppr.html

anyway, you have to perform some unaesthetic handwork (it sounds like such a
scenario).
(however, i don't have enough information about the components you are
using)

maybe you can use the workaround of a hidden ppr enabled button, which
triggers the update of your table.
you can use some details of:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--Trinidad--Refreshing-of-components-within-an-iframe-via-PPR-p13947635.html
(don't care about the iframe hints)

regards,
gerhard

2008/1/3, sbedoll < bedoll@us.ibm.com>:

> The main scenario is where I have a set of custom GIS JSF components that
> are
> ajax enabled. I want to be able to interact with the GIS component (such
> as
> a Map) and target other JSF components such as a table on the same page.
> Currently, I handle the Map Ajax event on the server and then update the
> model behind a JSF table. When the Map Ajax event returns to the browser I
> need to refresh the table JSF component without user intervention.
>
> Gerhard Petracek wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > what's your concrete intention?
> >
> > regards,
> > gerhard
> >

> > 2008/1/3, sbedoll < bedoll@us.ibm.com>:
> >>

> >> Thanks, but I have read the dev-guide and there is no reference to the
> >> javascript that I saw. So I am assuming that it is a closed interface
> >> that
> >> is not meant to be exploited on the browser.

> >> components?
> >> >> >

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> >
> > http://www.irian.at