Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> on 2007/01/04 04:27:42 UTC

How to quickly list all products carried by a supplier?

How do I quickly list products by supplier? I can only do the reverse, ie find all suppliers for a
product.

Jonathon

Re: How to quickly list all products carried by a supplier?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Jonathon,

please read carefully what Ray has suggested.

Jacopo

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.
> Well, I didn't use it in normal way. For testing, I tried to create a PO, hoped to key in a
> product that has a supplier so I can complete a PO. Normally, a purchasing officer would know what
> product he/she is purchasing, go to the product page, and find the suppliers, compare prices at a
> glance, then create the PO.

Yuck, I hope not.  The system should help automate all that - that's
why we use computers after all:-)

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: How to quickly list all products carried by a supplier?

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Well, I didn't use it in normal way. For testing, I tried to create a PO, hoped to key in a
product that has a supplier so I can complete a PO. Normally, a purchasing officer would know what
product he/she is purchasing, go to the product page, and find the suppliers, compare prices at a
glance, then create the PO.

The advanced search in Catalog module lets me search products by supplier. Thanks!

Jonathon

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Ray,

 > you could adjust the lookup product feature to allow the filtering against a
 > supplier, I doesn't look like it would be a difficult job, and a lot easier
 > than managing separate lists!

Hmm. Great suggestion. Will do that. Thanks!

> In general there are other features related to requirements generation
> based on sales orders and reorder values that can help generate POs for
> you, but I've not used that myself so can only suggest you dig deeper in
> that area and use a demo site to get a better feeling for it.

Doesn't look like this is working (OpenTaps 0.9.3, not OFBiz). Can't create a new Requirement. No
error messages either.

Posted by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com>.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.

Posted by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com>.