Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/30 17:44:57 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC2) release

Hi All,

I submit the Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC2) for your vote.

*1.Release Notes:*
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12346046&styleName=Html&projectId=12320220

*Some key features and improvements in this release:*

   - Adapt to SparkSessionExtensions
   - Support integration with spark 2.4.5
   - Support heterogeneous format segments in carbondata
   - Support write Flink streaming data to Carbon
   - Insert from stage command support partition table.
   - Support secondary index on carbon table
   - Support query of stage files
   - Support TimeBased Cache expiration using ExpiringMap
   - Improve insert into performance and decrease memory foot print

 *2. The tag to be voted upon* : apache-carbondata-2.0.0-rc2
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/tree/apache-carbondata-2.0.0-rc2>

Commit: 5006c83094b642f337e125f2804a3e187df8e4a7
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/commit/5006c83094b642f337e125f2804a3e187df8e4a7>
)

*3. The artifacts to be voted on are located here:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/2.0.0-rc2/

*4. A staged Maven repository is available for review at:*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1061/

*5. Release artifacts are signed with the following key:*
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/kunalkapoor.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 2.0.0,
The vote will be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 2.0.0

[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Kunal Kapoor

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC2) release

Posted by David CaiQiang <da...@gmail.com>.
-1 for me, based on the below points.

1. We need to update quick-start-guide.md for Carbon 2.0. For example,
Carbon 2.0 supports the multi-tenant scenario, the carbon property
"carbon.storelocation" should be deprecated. only the user who used
"carbon.storelocation" in the previous version can still use it in Carbon
2.0.

2. "- Adapt to SparkSessionExtensions",
CarbonSession should be deprecated in Carbon 2.0, only the user who used
CarbonSesion in the previous version can still use it in Carbon 2.0.

3. "- Support heterogeneous format segments in carbondata"
I don't find the doc for this feature.

4. "- Support write Flink streaming data to Carbon"
Better to provide an end-to-end guide.

-----
Best Regards
David Cai

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC2) release

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
#3731:  [CARBONDATA-3786] presto carbon reader should use tablePath from hive catalog <https://github.com/apache/carbondata/pull/3731>
This is a compatibility issue

And I search on the docs, datamap is a concept we deprecated in this version, but it is still exit in some docs.

So I have to give -1 to this RC.

Regards,
Jacky Li

Posted by Ajantha Bhat <aj...@gmail.com>.
-1 to this RC,

1. I feel we need to have clear interface changes from the previous version
to this version in the release notes.
Example: PR #3583 <https://github.com/apache/carbondata/pull/3583> has
changed the SDK 'Field' package name
2. We need to list down all the removed / deprecated features in the
release notes.
3. Better to recheck and update the key feature section.

Thanks,
Ajantha

Posted by Akash r <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

https://github.com/apache/carbondata/pull/3734 and
https://github.com/apache/carbondata/pull/373
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/pull/3734>3 is required as these are
functional issues.

there are some documents whose content and hyperlinks need to be corrected.

-1

Regards,
Akash R Nilugal