Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by hermanhorsten <sp...@hermanhorsten.be> on 2010/09/22 15:59:41 UTC

dynamic template page

I want to dynamically create a template page consisting of some parts stored
in eg a DB or CMS which can dynamically change and a fixed wicket template
part.

Take for example 2 parts and a fixed part in wicket:

Part 1 somewere stored in DB or CMS

<header>
headerstuff
</header>
bodystuff at top of page

Part 2 somewhere stored in DB or CMS

bodystuff at end of page

Fixed wicket template part standard sitting besides its corresponding
Java-page

<wicket:extend>
<form wicket:id="summaryform">
wicket stuff
</form>
</wicket:extend>

So when a page request is done part 1 and part 2 should be retrieved from eg
the CMS or DB. And then part 1 + wicket template + part 2 should be combined
to a complete wicket template page so that the page can be rendered. Is this
possible? And what's the best way to do this?

Grz, Herman

-----
www.hermanhorsten.be

Re: dynamic template page

Posted by Alexander Morozov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

have you check wicket-velocity project ? Also look at IResourceStreamLocator
and IMarkupResourceStreamProvider interfaces.

Hopes it help :)

Re: dynamic template page

Posted by hermanhorsten <sp...@hermanhorsten.be>.
Thanks a lot! IMarkupResourceStreamProvider does the trick:)

-----
www.hermanhorsten.be

Re: dynamic template page

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you can let your page implement IMarkupResourceStreamProvider

-igor