Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dhamu <dh...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/04 10:47:47 UTC

How to send web pages(urls) to solr cell via solrj?

Hi,
I am newbie to solr and exploring solr last few days.
I am using solr cell with tika for parsing, indexing and searching
Posting the rich text documents via Solrj.
My actual requirement is instead of using local documents(pdf, doc & docx),
i want to use webpages(urls for eg..,(http://www.apache.org)).

eg..,
req.addFile(new File("docs/mailing_lists.html"));
instead
req.url(new urlconnection("http://www.apache.org")
anything like the above is there in solrj.

Actually i am using curl for testing. it works fine

curl
"http://localhost:8983/solr/update/extract?literal.id=doc1&uprefix=attr_&fmap.content=attr_content&commit=true"
-F "stream.url=http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml"

but i am in need to use otherthan curl.
Below code works fine for local document indexing and searching. But instead
i want to post urls.

here is my code.,

                String url = "http://localhost:8983/solr";
                SolrServer server = new CommonsHttpSolrServer(url);
		ContentStreamUpdateRequest req = new ContentStreamUpdateRequest(
				"/update/extract");
		req.addFile(new File("docs/mailing_lists.html"));
		req.setParam("literal.id", "index1");
		req.setParam("uprefix", "attr_");
		req.setParam("fmap.content", "attr_content");
		req.setAction(AbstractUpdateRequest.ACTION.COMMIT, true, true);
		NamedList result = server.request(req);
		assertNotNull("Couldn't upload index.pdf", result);
		QueryResponse rsp = server.query(new SolrQuery("*:*"));
		Assert.assertEquals(1, rsp.getResults().getNumFound());

any suggestion or answer will be appreciated.

Re: How to send web pages(urls) to solr cell via solrj?

Posted by Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

I did not try this, but could you not read the URL client side and pass it to SolrJ as a ContentStream?

ContentStream urlStream = ContentStreamBase.URLStream("http://my.site/file.html");
req.addContentStream(urlStream);

--
Jan Høydahl  - search architect