Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Garth Patil <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/02 21:58:32 UTC

Suppressing log output to ERROR

Hi,
I'm trying to limit the logging output to catalina.out by the
org.apache.catalina.core classes to only ERROR and FATAL. I changed
the value of org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].level
to ERROR, but there was no effect. What am I missing?
Best,
Garth

Re: Suppressing log output to ERROR

Posted by Boris Unckel <bo...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Garth Patil wrote:

> > Thanks Boris!
> > One follow up question. That works for ERROR and FATAL, but is there
> > any way to suppress ERROR and only show FATAL?
> > Best,
> > Garth

This levels may apply:
Java Util Logging (JUL)
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/logging/Level.html

log4j
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/Level.html

In case of  JUL there is just one level above WARNING, and thats SEVERE.

Regards
Boris

Re: Suppressing log output to ERROR

Posted by Garth Patil <ga...@gmail.com>.