Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Nick Pomfret <ni...@pixelpark.com> on 2001/09/06 11:00:40 UTC

using turbine with an alternative id table

I'm new to turbine so I'm not too sure if I've got the right group to send
this to, however...

My problem is that I'd like to use turbine with an existing schema
containing a table for generating primary key values (in a similar way to
the 'id_table' in turbine).  This id table has a different name and
structure and I'm having trouble getting it to work.  When attempt to insert
a new row I get a "java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  Relation 'id_table' does
not exist" error - which I guess makes sense as turbine doesn't 'know' about
my id table.

So is it possible to describe to turbine my id table, or do I need to
override some functionality to get this to work?