Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by apdas <ap...@iitk.ac.in> on 2002/09/16 15:55:02 UTC

Turbine Action

Hi friends,

I am using the turbine LoginUser class. I am using the same set of
tables which turbine uses. But after executing the LoginUser action it
again loads the same page. Can I specify which page to redirect if login
is successful and which page to redirect if login failed ?
I want to specify the sequences of pages which will be loaded after
executing specific actions.

Please help.

Regards,
A.P.Das

Re: Turbine Action

Posted by Slava Zimine <sl...@japgod.mine.nu>.
On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 09:55:02AM -0400, apdas wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I am using the turbine LoginUser class. I am using the same set of
> tables which turbine uses. But after executing the LoginUser action it
> again loads the same page.

If the action LoginUser reloads the same Login.vm in temlates/app/screens

it means that the user is not logged properly.

you have to verify in your backend database if
TURBINE_* tables are there.

specifically if
TURBINE_USER  table exists and is populated with rows

you add the turbine security tables to your db in
webapp/WEB-INF/conf/turbine-schema.xml  by specifying your database name it it
<database name="yourappdb">

you add new users in webapp/WEB-INF/conf/turbine-security.xml

II. to control which templates will be loaded upon successful/unsuccessful login

search for Login.vm  in you webapp/WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties

the comments  explain it all.

if you do your own Login action, you can
specify your specific template under successfull login  by calling
in its end
setTemplate(data, "Correctlogin.vm");

regards,

slava