Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Maciejewski, Vincent (GMI - NY SWAPS)" <vi...@exchange.ml.com> on 2002/11/25 19:44:00 UTC

something resubmits the soap request

Hello everyone,

We've run into a strange problem. We have an HTML application running on Tomcat that calls an axis server running on the same Tomcat server. There is one jsp that takes about two-three minutes to run.
The weird thing is that the request to axis appears to be resubmitted before the computation is finished causing an infinite loop. It almost looks like the JSP is restarted. We thought we have short
time out settings somewhere but we looked everywhere and cant find anything. Has anyone seen this strange behavior before?

Vincent

Re: something resubmits the soap request

Posted by Jess Sightler <js...@eximtechnologies.com>.
I vaguely recall some bug that could cause this with a particular
version of IE.  You might try looking around on the Orion Server lists,
as I'm sure that I saw the issue posted there.  (ie, there was some
strange cases where the browser would hit a page twice).

I'm sorry that I can't give more details, but I really don't remember
the specifics.

----
Jess