Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Eramo, Mark" <me...@hbs.edu> on 2010/05/17 19:41:22 UTC

Partial Checkout Script

I am wondering if there is a simple way to script the checkout of only certain project folders in SVN without checking out others.

For example, I have all my projects setup with tags, branches and trunk folders underneath the project name and I want to run a script that says go through the projects tree and find all trunk and branches folders and check them out but ignore the tags folders.

I am setting up opengrok for svn searching and I really only care about searching the trunk and branches folders. I do not want to include the tags folders as that will make the indexing process take way to long and take up too much disk space.

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

RE: Partial Checkout Script

Posted by "Eramo, Mark" <me...@hbs.edu>.
Thanks for the suggestion Tyler. I will take a look at the docs for this.

Mark

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 03:41:22PM -0400, Eramo, Mark wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a simple way to script the checkout of only
> certain project folders in SVN without checking out others.

You want to create a "sparse working copy". Look at the --depth options
to update and checkout.

Note that sparse working copies sometimes don't play nice with different
kinds of merge operations. For day-to-day work they can be extremely
handy, though.

tyler

Re: Partial Checkout Script

Posted by Tyler Roscoe <ty...@cryptio.net>.