Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org> on 2013/01/28 20:47:23 UTC

[VOTE] Amend Hive Bylaws + Add HCatalog Submodule

I am calling a vote on the following two measures.

Measure 1: Amend Hive Bylaws to Define Submodules and Submodule Committers

If this measure passes the Apache Hive Project Bylaws will be
amended with the following changes:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Proposed+Changes+to+Hive+Bylaws+for+Submodule+Committers

The motivation for these changes is discussed in the following
email thread which appeared on the hive-dev and hcatalog-dev
mailing lists:

http://markmail.org/thread/u5nap7ghvyo7euqa

Measure 2: Create HCatalog Submodule and Adopt HCatalog Codebase

This measure provides for 1) the establishment of an HCatalog
submodule in the Apache Hive Project, 2) the adoption of the
Apache HCatalog codebase into the Hive HCatalog submodule, and
3) adding all currently active HCatalog committers as submodule
committers on the Hive HCatalog submodule.

Passage of this measure depends on the passage of Measure 1.

Voting:

Both measures require +1 votes from 2/3 of active Hive PMC
members in order to pass. All participants in the Hive project
are encouraged to vote on these measures, but only votes from
active Hive PMC members are binding. The voting period
commences immediately and shall last a minimum of six days.

Voting is carried out by replying to this email thread. You must
indicate which measure you are voting on in order for your vote
to be counted.

More details about the voting process can be found in the Apache
Hive Project Bylaws:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Bylaws

Re: [VOTE] Amend Hive Bylaws + Add HCatalog Submodule

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Measure 1: +1
Measure 2: +1

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Measure 1: +1

Posted by Zhenxiao Luo <zh...@fb.com>.
Measure 1: +1
  Measure 2: +1

Thanks,
Zhenxiao

Re: [VOTE] Amend Hive Bylaws + Add HCatalog Submodule

Posted by "Bhandarkar, Milind" <Mi...@emc.com>.
+1 to both.

- milind
---
Milind Bhandarkar

Posted by Zhenxiao Luo <zh...@fb.com>.
Measure 1: +1
  Measure 2: +1

Thanks,
Zhenxiao

Re: [VOTE] Amend Hive Bylaws + Add HCatalog Submodule

Posted by "Bhandarkar, Milind" <Mi...@emc.com>.
+1 to both.

- milind
---

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.
  Measure 1: +1 (non binding)

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.
  Measure 1: +1 (non binding)

Posted by Shreepadma Venugopalan <sh...@cloudera.com>.
Measure 1: +1

Posted by Shreepadma Venugopalan <sh...@cloudera.com>.
Measure 1: +1

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
Measure 1:  +1

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Measure 1: +1 (non binding)
Measure 2: +1 (non binding)

Jarcec

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Measure 1: +1 (non binding)

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
+1 and +1 (non-binding)

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
+1 and +1 (non-binding)

Posted by yongqiang he <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 and +1

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
+1 and +1

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@qubole.com>.
Measure 1: +1
Measure 2: +1

Ashish

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
Measure 1: +1

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
Measure 1: +1

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org>.
Measure 1: +1 (binding)
Measure 2: +1 (binding)

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org>.
Measure 1: +1 (binding)
Measure 2: +1 (binding)

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
Most excellent.  I'll start the vote in the HCatalog PPMC to approve this, and assuming that passes I'll then start a vote in the IPMC per the guidelines at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#subproject

Alan.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 and +1 non-binding.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 and +1 non-binding.

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
+1 and +1 too (unbinding)

- Alex

On Jan 30, 2013, at 2:23 AM, Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> +1 and +1
>
> Thanks,
> Gunther.
>

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Measure 1: +1
>> Measure 2: +1
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I am calling a vote on the following two measures.
>>>
>>> Measure 1: Amend Hive Bylaws to Define Submodules and Submodule
>> Committers
>>>
>>> If this measure passes the Apache Hive Project Bylaws will be
>>> amended with the following changes:
>>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Proposed+Changes+to+Hive+Bylaws+for+Submodule+Committers
>>>
>>> The motivation for these changes is discussed in the following
>>> email thread which appeared on the hive-dev and hcatalog-dev
>>> mailing lists:
>>>
>>> http://markmail.org/thread/u5nap7ghvyo7euqa
>>>

>>> Measure 2: Create HCatalog Submodule and Adopt HCatalog Codebase
>>>
>>> This measure provides for 1) the establishment of an HCatalog
>>> submodule in the Apache Hive Project, 2) the adoption of the
>>> Apache HCatalog codebase into the Hive HCatalog submodule, and
>>> 3) adding all currently active HCatalog committers as submodule
>>> committers on the Hive HCatalog submodule.
>>>
>>> Passage of this measure depends on the passage of Measure 1.
>>>

>>> Voting:
>>>
>>> Both measures require +1 votes from 2/3 of active Hive PMC
>>> members in order to pass. All participants in the Hive project
>>> are encouraged to vote on these measures, but only votes from
>>> active Hive PMC members are binding. The voting period
>>> commences immediately and shall last a minimum of six days.
>>>
>>> Voting is carried out by replying to this email thread. You must
>>> indicate which measure you are voting on in order for your vote
>>> to be counted.
>>>
>>> More details about the voting process can be found in the Apache
>>> Hive Project Bylaws:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Bylaws

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Amend Hive Bylaws + Add HCatalog Submodule

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
+1 and +1 too (unbinding)

Posted by Namit Jain <nj...@fb.com>.
+1 and +1