Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by ja...@mac.com on 2005/07/12 17:53:53 UTC

Geronimo does JBI (Java Business Integration)

Those of you not at the BOF at JavaOne might have missed all the buzz
around JBI (Java Business Integration) - which is the new JSR
specification, released just before JavaOne  which provides an API,
component model and container specification for integration
components. (i.e. ESBs).

We've been working away over at codehaus for some time building an
open source Apache Licensed JBI container and component suite called
ServiceMix which you can drop into Spring or Geronimo...

http://servicemix.org/

which should have its first release very soon.

One thing Hiram did while at JavaOne was to add a JBI deployer into
Geronimo. This means that the standard Geronimo deployer can now
automatically detect a JBI deployment unit (any jar which includes
META-INF/jbi.xml inside it) and then auto-deploy a JBI component or
service assembly. If you are hunting around the code wondering where
this is, check out the servicemix and servicemix-builder modules that
do all the work.

Coolbeans! So now Geronimo is now the first J2EE (nearly) certified
container which has JBI support! Yay!

More details here...
http://servicemix.org/Geronimo+Integration?refresh=1

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Geronimo does JBI (Java Business Integration)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Jul 12, 2005, at 12:53 PM, jastrachan@mac.com wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2005, at 17:29, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> Any interest in including in part of the standard distribution?
>> If so, lets get the TCK and certify it...
>>

> As an optional module it'd be quite handy, though I doubt it should
> go into the core.

Sure - we could just have that as optional, and people would know
it's certified compatible...

> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

geirm@apache.org

Re: Geronimo does JBI (Java Business Integration)

Posted by ja...@mac.com.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
done

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Can I put this as a news item on the G website?

+1 ... this is important stuff to get out...

Jeff

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.