Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tim O'Donnell <ti...@verity.com> on 2003/10/03 01:12:17 UTC

Jetspeed through SSO/Proxy

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some strange behavior I'm hoping someone might
recognize and clue me in to.

I'm using jetspeed and currently have it integrated (via a custom
Authentication class) with an SSO product. The SSO solution is
essentially a proxy which adds some data to the headers and passes the
requests onto Jetspeed -- the url, thus, is changed a bit. Through SSO,
I access it via:

http://sso/desktop

and without SSO, via:

http://myserver:8080/

NOTE: I moved jetspeed to the root context in tomcat. That ok?

The strange behavior I'm seeing is that when I access jetspeed through
SSO (proxy), some of the portal breaks. Specifically, under the
Customize screens, moving portlets around, changing the order of tab
panes, changing skins -- all this doesn't work. In some cases it fails
to cause any change and in other (many) cases I get a screen that says:

$jetspeed.getCustomizer($data.Customized).getContent($data)

Interestingly, if I access jetspeed OUTSIDE of sso (the second url),
everything works flawlessly.

Does this make sense to anyone? Is there any reason why these sort of
things break when accessed through a proxy server? Under what scenarios
would I get the above unprocessed velocity template (e.g. lost session,
internal error or some kind, etc)?

If anyone has ANY ideas, I'd really love to hear them. I've been
banging my head against the wall for the last few days trying to figure
it out.

Thanks for your time,

Tim

Performance testing of Application that runs on Jetspeed.

Posted by Sunil Sheshadri <ss...@cisco.com>.
Hello All,
We are using JMETER as the tool to do performance testing of our portal
application that uses Jetspeed. We have stuck up in a problem where we
have to test Customize menu but we are not able to get the URL as
portlet automatically does that.

Does anyone have done testing using JMETER? Or is there any other good
tools to do performance testing??

Regards,
Sunil Sheshadri,