Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by René Bernhardsgrütter <re...@cerder.com> on 2012/09/07 20:28:25 UTC

Strange behavior when TextArea ID is "content"

Hi there,

I have a strange behavior of T5.3 here.
Situation:

  * A normal Page that contains a Form with a TextArea and a Component.
  * The Component has:
      o An Actionlink for a Zone
      o A Zone that includes an AjaxUplaod-Component (form here:
        http://tawus.wordpress.com/2011/06/25/ajax-upload-for-tapestry/)
        (That shouldn't effect the problem, I think)

If I name the TextAare from the Form in the Page "content"
(t:id="content"), the ActionLink cannot update the Zone.

With "return zone.getBody();" in the onActionFromLink():
|A component event handler method returned the value Block[Body of
blog/New:ajaxuploaddisplay.zone, at
classpath:com/licliq/components/ajaxUpload/AjaxUploadDisplay.tml, line
5]. Return type org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.BlockImpl can
not be handled.|

And with ajaxResponseRenderer.addRenderer("zone", zone.getBody);:

|Page must be specified before initializing for partial page render.

But when I rename the TextArea t:id to anything else then "content",
everything works fine.

Is this a bug or anything known? I couldn't find any information to this.

Regrads,
René

Re: Strange behavior when TextArea ID is "content"

Posted by René Bernhardsgrütter <re...@cerder.com>.
> This is, I believe, fixed in later versions of Tapestry 5.3.

Great. Thanks you tow for the input!

Regards,
René

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Strange behavior when TextArea ID is "content"

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
Check this old thread