Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/01 16:31:01 UTC

Re: Tapestry 5 Logo

Interestingly, the feedback I've been seeing most has been "stay with
the Unicorn", which surprises me.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Tapestry 5 Logo

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
If Ben offers, why not try it? Good designers can easily and quickly
come up with great variations that poor, near color-blind engineers
(I'm one of those) cannot even think of. Refining the existing logo is
quite different from choosing an entirely new logo. If after that,
community decides to keep the current logo as is, no harm done.

Kalle

Re: Tapestry 5 Logo

Posted by Robin Komiwes <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1 with Ulrich.

Re: Tapestry 5 Logo

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: Tapestry 5 Logo

Posted by Ben Dotte <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tapestry 5 Logo

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Whether you like unicorn or not is the matter of taste. There is a bunch of
people hating it. Another fraction of users loves it. Thus you will never
reach a consensus. I believe we should keep the unicorn because it has a
strong recognition value and that is (imho) the only one purpose of a logo.
Maybe a slight redesign of the unicorn would be good. Maybe be could replace
the green color by another one but we should keep Tapestry's identity.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interestingly, the feedback I've been seeing most has been "stay with
> the Unicorn", which surprises me.
>
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 2:33 AM, Robin Komiwes <ro...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi !
> > Just a ping to know if the designer from Widen is still working on a
> > Tapestry 5 logo redesign.
> > I'm hesitant on working on Tapestry 5 homepage redesign now because of
> this.
> > I'm not giving up at all, I just don't want to take directions that may
> need
> > to be changed in few weeks, so in this case I would prefer to put my work
> on
> > hold.
> > Regards,
> > Robin
>

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de/blog

Re: Tapestry 5 Logo

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:31:01 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Interestingly, the feedback I've been seeing most has been "stay with
> the Unicorn", which surprises me.

I still prefer the unicorn too. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Tapestry 5 Logo

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interestingly, the feedback I've been seeing most has been "stay with
> the Unicorn", which surprises me.

Yep, it has been used by some and it's nice so stick with it

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Tapestry 5 Logo

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
> Interestingly, the feedback I've been seeing most has been "stay with
> the Unicorn", which surprises me.

I like the unicorn as well - also it is widely used. My thinking is
that we should keep this known identifier.

          Piero