Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sanjay <da...@india.hp.com> on 2004/07/07 12:54:58 UTC

java2wsdl - Message element in WSDL for RPC/Lit and Doc/lit (wrapped)

Hi

I am trying out different styles of generating wsdl with Java2WSDL.

For RPC/lit types it generates the <wsd:part name="" type="" >
And for Doc /Lit types its <wsdl:part name="" element="">

WSDL1.1 specification section 2.3 says these are equivalent
(http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#_message ), so it looks like a design issue,
and it must be possible to represent it both ways.
is there some other specific reason why the tool generates references to
element in doc/lit and type to RPC/lit.

regards
Sanjay

RE: java2wsdl - Message element in WSDL for RPC/Lit and Doc/lit (wrapped)

Posted by Ju...@mro.com.
Might be due to WS-I Basic Profile 1.0 recommendations.

http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.0-2004-04-16.html#WSDLMSGS

R2203: An rpc-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST refer, in its
soapbind:body element(s), only to wsdl:part element(s) that have been
defined using the type attribute.

R2207: A wsdl:message in a DESCRIPTION MAY contain wsdl:parts that use the
elements attribute provided those wsdl:parts are not referred to by a
soapbind:body in an rpc-literal binding.

- Junaid

             "sanjay"
             <dahiya@india.hp.
                                       <ax...@ws.apache.org>
             07/07/2004 02:39                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: java2wsdl - Message element in
             Please respond to         WSDL for RPC/Lit and Doc/lit
             axis-user@ws.apac         (wrapped)
                  he.org

Replying to my own question

I think for doc/lit referring to element makes sure that a part will have
only one child element, which is a requirement for doc/lit.

But still not sure why RPC/lit must refer to a type ?

regards

Sanjay