Posted to users@maven.apache.org by DCVer <ke...@o2.pl> on 2007/10/16 15:22:55 UTC

Strange dataBase error

Hi all,
I have really strange error, which I try to solve for weeks. We have tested
our software (mvn test or mvn install) on many machines, but if we deploy it
on the server some of the tests fail. In fact all test, which fail need to
communicate with the data base. Although we have configured the data base
about 100 times and used our local databases, where local tests do not fail,
we still receive errors from tests on deployment server. We use PostgreSQL
(8.1) and Hibernate (version 3.2.5.ga of the dependency jar). So all signs
on the sky suggest that this is a communication with the data base problem,
although data base is installed on the same server and hibernate configs
seems to be correct. Maybe this a Maven bug, which in some specific
environment fails e.g. to copy resource file (with data base config) to jar
or for test? Have no idea what else can be wrong ;(

Re: Strange dataBase error

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
If you haven't "locked down" your dependency versions, it is possible
that someone has "polluted" their local repo cache with SNAPSHOT
versions of some of them,  etc. It is not absolutely true that every
build across a group of machines will necessarily produce the exact
same artifact.

Also it is very easy to introduce build differences through profile
activation etc. So don't assume anything without verifying it.

Wayne

Re: Strange dataBase error

Posted by DCVer <ke...@o2.pl>.

Re: Strange dataBase error