Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Gokul Ramanan Subramanian <go...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/21 13:07:29 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-578: Add configuration to limit number of partitions

Hi.

Can we resume the voting process for KIP-578? I have addressed additional
comments by Boyang and Ismael.

Thanks.

Posted by Gokul Ramanan Subramanian <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi, at this point, this KIP has one binding vote from Harsha.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this KIP? Do you think we should go
forward with this KIP once we release Kafka 3.0, since there wouldn't be
the ZK backdoor in 3.0, making the partition limits properly enforceable?

Thanks.

Posted by Harsha Ch <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gokul Ramanan Subramanian <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi.