Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Dennis Raddle <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/09 23:51:23 UTC

Flex documentation

Hello,
I'm new to Flex, Flash, AIR, and Flash Builder. I'm also fairly
inexperienced with web programming in general--have never used JavaScript.

I'm trying to understand how the Flex documentation is organized. I'm
working from the book "Adobe Flex 4.5 Fundamentals--Training From The
Source," and there is some demonstration code that uses the "includeIn"
property of a Button. I though, okay let me practice looking this up in the
documentation at flex.apache.org. I can't find it as a property of Button,
so I figured it's a property of a base class. But I can't find it in any of
the base classes. I do see "includeInLayout."

Can someone explain to me how to find "includeIn"? (Has it been removed or
changed in Flex 4.7?)

Dennis

Re: Flex documentation

Posted by Dana White <da...@me.com>.
The includeIn and excludeFrom properties have to do with setting the visibility of an object during a particular application state.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Flex documentation

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.
>From flex.apache.org go to Documentation | Documentation Reference (old)
... type includein in the search at the upper left corner. The first
article presented is below.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf63611-7ffa.html

*
Lionel*

Re: Flex documentation

Posted by Dennis Raddle <de...@gmail.com>.
Is there a list of MXML attributes somewhere?

Dennis

Re: Flex documentation

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Flex documentation

Re: Flex documentation

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.
You use includeIn to include or exclude elements from different states.
Read up on states.