Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2008/04/22 18:31:28 UTC

[OT] Comodo as a CA

Re: [OT] Comodo as a CA

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: [OT] Comodo as a CA

Posted by Carl <ca...@etrak-plus.com>.
Aggressive marketing, aggressive pricing, no functional advantages.  Their
support was not quite as good as Thawte (Thawte's doc's are very clear) as
Verisign's response time was a little longer than Thawte's (neither was
awful.)

Thanks,

Carl

Re: [OT] Comodo as a CA

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
I used Comodo a couple of years ago.  Only changed vendors when the
university started a contract w/ another vendor and offered them to
departments for free.  Never had a problem with Comodo although I did
have to make sure the certificate chain was available to the client.
That got me around the whole browser trust problem back when Comodo
wasn't well known.

--David

Re: [OT] Comodo as a CA

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.