Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Peter L. Markowsky" <pe...@ccs.neu.edu> on 2001/09/19 18:37:46 UTC

Tomcat port configuration

	I've run into a small problem using tomcat-3.2.3 in that the
secure port 8443 that it uses for https is blocked by a firewall and is
not allowed. However the port 443 is allowed, that I'm told apache
uses. So the question is how do I switch which port tomcat listens on for
https? and can I? I'm running win2k server edition and downloaded a binary
version of tomcat-3.2.3 thanks for the help in advance.
							-Pete

Re: Tomcat port configuration

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.
It's been awhile since I've looked at Tomcat 3.x, but, if it's like 4.0,
it's just a setting in conf/server.xml. Do a search in that file for 8443.
Basically, just changes all the values of 8443 in that file to 443.

Jon